DR systems is a consulting and software development company that specializes in the natural resources and forest industry. We build off the shelf and custom software for use by First Nations, land managers and the forest industry.
We are a small company of nine staff and a handful of development and business contractors. The development team consists of two web developers and two C# developers and we are located in Nanaimo, BC.
For the most part, the development team works remotely, but there is an option to work in the office in future. You must be located in Canada and work in the PST time zone.
We are not looking for agency support.
This job is for you if:
- You have experience with AWS and managing databases and servers in this environment.
- You are interested in devops and building quality code in a stable development environment, and are comfortable with contributing to a rotational devops position.
- You have experience with: BitBucket(GIT), Jenkins, JIRA, Sentry.
- Ideally you have experience with Postgres and the GIS capabilities of this database.
- Ideally you have experience with web mapping using OpenLayers.
- You function well with minimal direction, and can surface, prioritize, and schedule tasks that you know are necessary (eg: server maintenance, standards implementation).
- You are genuinely curious and like to learn.
- You welcome input into design, technical, and development decisions from team members, and enjoy a collaborative environment.
- You are a team player that can work with individuals with varying levels of proficiency (dev and business peeps).
- You enjoy participating in the business analysis part of the app development process.
- You want to join a small but mighty, web dev team.
- You have a high degree of accountability in your work and enjoy responsibility.
- You have an attention to detail. Please mention your favourite animal and why in the cover letter.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and are a creative problem solver.
- You enjoy working in a small company.
- You want to build quality, bespoke applications for managing natural resources.
This job is not for you if:
- You have no interest in managing code from development to production.
- You have no interest in full-stack web development.
- You have no interest in AWS.
- You are a lone wolf programmer.
- Uncomfortable with working remotely.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Colleen Wtorek, Chief Technology Officer at email@example.com.