Careers at DR systems
Business Development Manager
Our products help clients to successfully compete on the land base while leaving behind a softer environmental footprint in a landscape that will flourish for generations to come. Specializing in software that helps forestry firms, consultants, First Nations, private landowners, and government agencies to manage their land sustainably, our clients are North America-wide and we are looking to grow to a larger international base. To do this, we need a special person to join our team as our Business Development Manager. With a blend of technical expertise, knowledge of sales and an engaging personality, we think you will find a perfect fit at DR Systems. Submit your credentials today, and let’s discuss our futures!
Since 1983, DR Systems, Inc. (DRS) has been a leader in the development of land management software, providing tools to the forestry and natural resource industries to successfully manage natural resources while improving the sustainability of the land. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing, entrepreneurial company.
The Business Development Manager will focus on successfully selling our forestry software applications and implementation services to new customers, as well as maintaining strong relationships with existing customers. Added responsibility includes securing new projects that align with our custom software development skills and experience.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the company’s software product and services and the markets we serve.
- Achieve revenue objectives for existing and target accounts and maintain relationships with key executives within these accounts.
- Identify and qualify new business opportunities – expand the client base for DRS.
- Prepare reports on sales forecasts, activities, and plans.
- Plan and lead product demonstrations, proposal and pricing development,
- Keep current on competitive applications and their activities.
- Carry out negotiations and contract administration.
- Maintain customer relationship data.
- Proposal management, development, grant writing – manage Canadian and US searches and qualifying procurements.
- Work with the team to coordinate development, rollout and implementation of services for both existing and new customers.
- Prepare and carry out marketing and communications.
Desired Attributes & Experience
- 3+ years consultative sales or business development experience, preferably in forestry, natural resources or technology
- Demonstrated success in growing sales revenue and client base in a region or market segment
- Bachelor degree or Tech diploma in Business or Forestry
- Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Registered Professional Technologist designation preferred
- Successful experience in a teamwork environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Good computer skills
This position will suit someone who is a highly motivated self-starter and is passionate about using technology for sustainable resource management. This is an expanding position with room to grow and make it your own.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Heidi Walsh, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position is open until December 6, 2019.